Summary of The Function/Role
- The RF Project Office Engineer (POE) (performs all administrative tasks as directed by the PTM (RF Project Task Manager), prepares all reports and submittals. Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Minimum of 8 years of experience.
Support PTM in all of the following MRRS project management and administration activities:
- The POE will prepare and maintain a comprehensive list database what will include, names, addresses, telephone numbers, etc., from the PTM firm, prime contractor, Client Agencies.
- The POE shall prepare monthly PowerPoint presentation and reports to the CLIENT on status of the contract, work progress and upcoming work. Presentations shall include whether the contract is on time and on budget and remediation efforts, when required.
- The POE shall provide, maintain and update a web-based portal (SharePoint, Share File, etc.) for the uploading of all project documentation and provide access to the PTM staff, sub-consultants and CLIENT. This portal should have the ability to make an e-mail notification to each user of an uploaded document by title and document number.
- The POE shall attend all MRRS meetings, including Substantial Completion and Close out meetings.
- The POE shall manage the construction and share, disseminate, and communicate information with both CLIENT and the design/build contractor through the use of an approved internet based software program application.
- Establish and implement procedures for communication and coordination between the PTM, CLIENT and the Contractors throughout the duration of the project schedules and conduct regularly scheduled meetings as necessary including progress meetings at least weekly where the Construction Contractor, CLIENT and the PTM can discuss such project matters as procedures, progress of work, change orders, safety, quality, scheduling, shop drawings, permits, MBE/WBE status, environmental related items, manpower resources, budget and other issues affecting the work. The PTM shall prepare the meeting agenda, advise all attendees of meeting dates, take minutes and distribute the minutes to all attendees within three business days.
- Develop and monitor an effective system of project cost control. Incorporate approved changes and resulting budget revisions for each change as it occurs. Develop monthly cash flow reports and forecasts identifying anticipated costs, variances between actual and budgeted, or estimated costs “as budgeted or estimated at time of award of contract.” Advise CLIENT whenever projected costs exceed budgets for each change, and revise budget and estimates accordingly.
- Prepare requests, as required, to applicable CLIENT departments and outside agencies such as DOT, Con Edison, NYC DEP, Verizon, etc.
- The POE shall be responsible to review, comment and recommend acceptance or rejection of the Contractors’ Detailed Cost Breakdown (DCB) for all items required under the construction contract. This DCB will be used to process partial payments to the Construction Contractors. CLIENT comments on the DCB including PTM comments will be forwarded to the construction Contractors.
- Provide current information for updating monthly Project Status Reports, and any CLIENT/CLIENTPD Senior Management Reports for CLIENT approval. PTM shall gather all project related information necessary for the completion of these reports.
- Refer all questions of interpretation of the contract documents to CLIENT. Maintain a continuous communication and liaison with the Construction Contractors in connection with any questions or problems arising with regard to his interpretation of the contract documents.
- All contract information must be installed and maintained on backup external drive throughout the duration of the PTM contract.
- The POE shall collect daily manpower information and obtain daily from the Contractors a complete and accurate Security Daily Access Form. It is to be forwarded to CLIENT Project lead’s office on a daily basis.
- Receive, process and coordinate with CLIENT the Construction Contractors’ requests for services from CLIENT and other City and State agencies, including but not limited to: flagging, access & protection, pre final and final inspections, utility service load letters, work trains and diversions of service, and submit such requests to CLIENT and outside agencies such as DOT, Con Edison, NYC DEP, etc.
- The POE shall compile and archive daily inspection reports with progress photos and applicable documents and submit on a daily basis to CLIENT.
Qualifications Experience & Education
The POE must possess the following minimum education and qualifications:
- The POE must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in administration and project management support of the design and construction of a major radio communication projects. Related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Ability to understand and interpret civil, electrical and mechanical drawings
- Experience in managing work scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Strong technical and project coordination skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Project Management scheduling, estimating and project controls
- Knowledge of railroad construction requirements when working adjacent to railroad operations and active rail lines
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project
- Must possess a valid New York State driver’s license
Days & Hours of Work: M-F 8:30am-5:30pm including 1-hour unpaid lunch break
Paid weekly hours per week 40
The following is a list of Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of CLIENT (LIRR or MNR) organization and operations
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge and experience with RF communications and networks