- Liability Claims Adjuster
- Responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, investigation and resolution of liability claims, including lawsuits through effective research, negotiation, and interaction with the involved parties including claimants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, process and conclude assigned claims including complex General Liability and other assigned casualty claims.
- Oversee and direct litigated or potentially litigated claims, leading and working with the client, counsel and investigative services toward timely resolution.
- Maintain an ongoing diary.
- Continually assess exposure and evaluate for official reserves.
- Prepare Loss Reports providing a thorough analysis of liability and damages.
- Where applicable, determine if subrogation exists and initiate recovery efforts.
- Maintain appropriate financial accountabilities (reserving) and control loss adjustment expenses.
- Document all correspondence, reports, discussions and decisions.
- Provide quality service to all customers.
- Assist Supervisors and Claim Department with requested tasks or special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Salary. Full benefits package.
- Computer, 10-key, printer, copier, fax machine and other office equipment.
- 7 + years casualty claims experience, with at least five years handling automobile liability claims, is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices, and techniques, including but not limited to coverage issues and product line knowledge
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred) and a minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of advanced education and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating problem-solving and decision-making skills to work with customers.
- Excellent analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Logical or scientific thinking to solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Capacity to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to report, write, or edit articles for publication; prepare deeds, contracts or leases, prepare and deliver lectures; interview, counsel, or advise people; evaluate technical data.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Possess an understanding of the litigation process.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently and exhibit good common sense.
- An ability to handle assigned claims following company guidelines and industry best practices with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment and applications.
- Independence, flexibility, and creativity.
- Self-Insured liability claims handling experience, including the application of governmental immunity act.
- City, County and/or District claims handling experience.
- Certifications and/or licenses as required by State regulation.