TELEMETRY RN JOB DESCRIPTION
- Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Identifies irregular telemetry readings and notifies appropriate medical team members.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by a physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation.
- Records patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of a patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format, and on the appropriate forms.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
- Must have state RN license
- Two years RN experience
- ACLS, BLS Certifications
- PALS Certification if required
- BSN preferred but not required
- Travel experience is preferred but not required