CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST JOB DESCRIPTION
- Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy, physiology, surgical procedures, cleaning, sterilization techniques, universal precautions, and aseptic techniques.
- Prepared the instruments, supplies, endoscopes and equipment necessary during the surgical and invasive procedure. Prepares instruments etc. for high level disinfection or terminal sterilization.
- Understands the procedure being performed and skillfully anticipates the needs of the surgeon maintaining a high level of sterile technique during the procedure if applicable.
- Continues professional development by participating in education, training, in-services etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to ensure quality patient care during the invasive/operative procedure, being constantly vigil for maintenance of the sterile field if applicable.
- Assures supplies and equipment needed for invasive/surgical procedures is present. Checks for integrity and sterility of the instrument sets and supplies as applicable.
- Assists other members of the team with cleaning of the room prepares the room for the next patient.
- Assist in preparation of the specimens. Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and Labels medications/solutions needed for surgery procedure. Sets up a disinfected table for Invasive procedure performed in the Special Procedure Suite.
- Actively participates in the Universal Protocol process for patient and self-safety.
- Completion of certified surgical technician program with current certification
- 2 years scrub and circulating experience scrubbing into various procedures
- American Heart Association BLS certification
- Travel experience preferred, but not required.