EMERGENCY ROOM RN JOB DESCRIPTION
- Collects current symptoms, as well as a detailed patient history and then consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Performs triage, while considering both physical and psychosocial elements.
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Records patients’ current vital signs.
- Works directly with physicians, assisting them during exams, diagnostic testing, and treatments.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Provides IV therapy Cleans and bandages wounds.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Maintains proper supplies and appropriate medical equipment to care for patients.
- Reports any suspected abuse to the appropriate agencies.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by a physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation, as well as provides referrals to other healthcare professionals for follow-up treatment.
- Displays professionalism while completing multiple urgent tasks on time.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms General Healthcare Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
- Must have state RN license
- Two years RN experience
- ACLS, BLS Certifications
- PALS Certification if required
- BSN preferred but not required
- Travel experience is preferred but not required