LABOR AND DELIVERY RN JOB DESCRIPTION
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, physicians, the interdependent team, and other disciplines regarding the plan of care.
- Assesses and documents learning needs of the patient and family.
- Develops an individualized education plan for patients and families based on identified needs.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements at the point of care to achieve clinical quality, customer experience, nursing engagement, and efficiency and effectiveness outcomes.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, the board of nursing requirements, patient safety requirements, infection control practices, and other established practice standards, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Coordinates the interdependent team while promoting collaborative teamwork and cooperation.
- Actively participates in the development and achievement of department goals (safety, cost, quality, patient experience, employee engagement).
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Must assess, plan, evaluate, collect and analyze pertinent data and clinical findings.
- Incorporates clinical findings and scientific evidence in the development, coordination, and implementation of an individualized plan of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Evaluates and assists in the evaluation of practice about existing evidence identifying opportunities for the generation and use of research.
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide holistic, compassionate, safe, high quality, population-based care.
- Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
- Shows behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Must have state RN license
- Two years RN experience
- ACLS, BLS Certifications
- PALS Certification if required
- BSN preferred but not required
- Travel experience is preferred but not required