RESPIRATORY THERAPIST JOB DESCRIPTION
- Ability to educate patients, caregivers and other healthcare professionals (for in services or as needed) regarding chronic disease management.
- Participates, on an ongoing basis, in traditional as well as virtual learning and educational programs.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other healthcare personnel.
- Self-driven and accountable to provide great patient care and attention to detail.
- Maintains an understanding of the subject matter as set forth during orientation and training.
- Must maintain a compliant visit schedule.
- Consult with patient’s physician regarding patient’s health and wellbeing when additional therapies or interventions may be needed.
- Consults with a physician in the event of an adverse reaction to therapies introduced.
- Monitors patient’s physiological responses to therapy and testing procedures through patient vital signs and physiological signs and symptoms.
- Respiratory Therapist must maintain a level of knowledge to interact with and retrieve chart information through an electronic medical records system.
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- 2+ years’ experience
- State Respiratory Care Practitioner License
- Travel experience a plus but not required
- Active BLS, ACLS and PALS CPR cards