OPERATING ROOM RN JOB DESCRIPTION
- Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team.
- Takes and monitors patients’ vital signs.
- Ensures that operating on the correct patient and the correct procedure is being performed.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format, and on the appropriate forms.
- Preps operating room for patient/procedure.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Monitors patients’ physical and emotional well-being throughout the care continuum.
- Initiates patient post-operation education plan, as prescribed by the physician.
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their post-treatment home care needs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
- Must have state RN license
- Two years RN experience
- ACLS, BLS Certifications
- PALS Certification if required
- BSN preferred but not required
- Travel experience is preferred but not required